Thank you for your interest in the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Bernard Hogan Memorial Scholarship. Please carefully review the scholarship information and your completed application before submission. You are responsible for submitting all required information in one complete package. Applications without all required supporting documentation will not be considered.
This scholarship was created to assist African American males attending colleges and universities in Nebraska with the cost of tuition, books, room and board. To be eligible students must have maintained a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, plan on attending a (2) two or (4) four year post-secondary institution in Nebraska and have demonstrated Service for Humanity.
The following materials must accompany each scholarship application:
- Unofficial High School or College Transcript.
- Resume and Wallet Size, Digital Photo.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- High school teacher, college faculty or faculty member who can attest to the
applicant’s high level of scholarship.
- Community leader, college faculty or staff member who can attest to the applicant’s
achievements in community service.
- 250 word statement describing your educational goals and career aspirations.
- 250 word statement describing why service for humanity is important.
Please submit the online form linked below to complete the scholarship the application process.
All applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2022. All applications postmarked following that date will not be accepted. The winner(s) of the scholarship will be notified by May 1, 2022.
AWARD AND PAYMENT
The winner(s) of this scholarship will receive a one-time disbursement of at least $500.00 to be used for expenses including tuition, books, room and board. The check will be made out to the scholarship recipient and the office to which the money is to be applied such as the university bookstore or the business office. Once the award recipient has been chosen he will have the opportunity to identify where the scholarship will be applied.
Awards will be issued accordingly after August 1st for the ensuing academic year.