Lyn and Stephen Bouma Fine Arts Scholarship
Annually, a $1000 will be awarded to a qualified applicant. If no applicants meet the eligibility criteria, the scholarship amount shall be carried forward to the next year. Based upon the merit of applicants and available funds, multiple recipients may be named in a single year. This is a one-time award, and recipients are not eligible for additional funds.
The Dennis Anderson Family
Dennis, Teresa, Grant (CHS ’06) and Adrienne (CHS ’08)
Purpose and Intent:
This scholarship is to recognize the commitment and dedication of Lyn and Stephen Bouma for their work with young adults at Central High School. Their love of music and willingness to share and support personal development has positively impacted hundreds of students with whom they have interacted. As graduates of Nebraska Wesleyan University, both have served as ambassadors for this institution and through their example influenced both Grant and Adrienne Anderson to attend this university. The intent of this scholarship is to support students who will be pursuing a major or minor in the visual or performing arts at Nebraska Wesleyan University or another Nebraska-based four-year college.
- Unweighted GPA 3.0 or higher
- Intent to pursue an academic major or minor in visual or performing arts
- Anticipated graduation from Central High School and acceptance for full-time enrollment at Nebraska Wesleyan University or another Nebraska-based four-year college.
- Participation in a minimum of three years of visual or performing arts curriculum while in high school.
- Completion of the attached application packet
- Completion of an essay (1-3 pages) addressing the following questions:
- What role do you feel the arts played in your high school education and in forming your goals for the future?
- What are your future goals involving the visual or performing arts as a part of your life?
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher with whom the student has studied in the visual or performing arts.
- Fully completed applications reviewed by the Anderson family and/or a committee designated by them from which a recipient will be chosen.
- Recognition in the Senior Recognition brochure and presented by the Anderson Family or designee at an appropriate Central High School venue.
Please submit all required materials, no later than March 15th to:
ATT: Bouma Scholarship
Dennis and Teresa Anderson
5211 Underwood Avenue
Omaha, Nebraska 68132