The application will be open and available in 2022-23 school year.
Kristi LaRee was born in Omaha, Nebraska and died as a victim of domestic violence when she was 9 years old. Though she struggled through adversity in her short life, she was determined and resilient. She was light. She loved to dance, and laugh, and read. Kristi did not have the opportunity to attend college, but she would want to help others.
Bryan Senior High School
- Identify as a Female.
- High School Junior or Senior.
- Resilient and Determined Character.
- Submit up to 3 Poems on Any Subject.
- Submit a short essay (250-500 words) “How poetry has helped you overcome adversity”.
- Student must be pursuing a degree in a field related to the arts.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or administrator.
Please send required information on potential scholarship recipients to your high school guidance counselor. All items must be received by your counselor by March 1, 2023. All applications will be reviewed by the friends and family of Kristi LaRee who will select the final recipient.
The Omaha Schools Foundation
Toba Cohen-Dunning, Executive Director
Omaha Schools Foundation
3861 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68131