To provide an annual scholarship to a Benson High School graduate in memory of Ricki Getzschman.
Benson High School
Selection Criteria: Download the Selection Criteria
- The recipient shall have attended Benson High School at least two years and be a graduating senior from Benson High School.
- The student shall have demonstrated academic excellence ( GPA at least 3.0) and true positive participation in school and in life outside
- The student shall submit a two page(not to exceed three pages) essay on the subject matter asked in the upcoming
- The student will also provide two letters of reference, one being a teacher or
- This scholarship may be used for any field of It may be also used for trade schools or community colleges.
One scholarship of $2500 shall be awarded annually, payable to the college or University upon the Omaha Schools Foundation’s receipt of verification of enrollment from the institution chosen by the recipient.
The recipient shall be awarded $2500 each of the succeeding four years upon the Foundation’s receipt of a transcript from the college or university showing the recipient has maintained a 3.0 GPA and is a student in good standing. Said award to be paid to the college or university as before. Recipient shall also provide a brief letter regarding how each year has progressed, the struggles and successes, any interesting anecdotes, changes in goals and perceptions of the world, etc. Criteria must be met in consecutive years. If, in any year, the recipient did not meet the criteria they will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
Selection of Recipients by:
The Getzschman family and selected friends of the family.
Omaha Public Schools Foundation.