Dr. Little was on the faculty at Benson High School for 11 years; first as Library Media Specialist and then as Humanities Curriculum Specialist chairing the departments of English, Social Studies, Art and Music. At the time of Dr. Little’s retirement in 1999 she had served for 15 years as Omaha Public School District’s Supervisor of Library Media Services.
To provide annual scholarships to graduating seniors from any of the Omaha Public High Schools.
$1500 payable to the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The scholarships will be renewable for up to four years. Verification of enrollment should be sent to the Omaha Public Schools Foundation for payment directly to the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Graduating seniors must be enrolling in the University of Nebraska at Omaha program leading to a teaching degree in School Library with the intention of working in a public school library setting. Renewable up to four years if a 3.0 GPA is maintained with a continued focus on School Library education. Transcript must be sent to Omaha Public Schools Foundation annually for scholarship renewal.
- Recipient must be academically capable of succeeding in college.
- Recipient must be of good character and citizenship.
- Recipient must have been involved in volunteer activities while in high school.
- Recipient must possess a commitment to post-secondary education at the University of Nebraska at Omaha in the field of School Library education.
- Recipient must submit a one-page essay on each of the following two topics: “What role have libraries played in your life?” and “Why are you considering school librarianship as a profession?”
Dr. Nina Little will make the selection but upon her passing the Omaha Public Schools Foundation’s Executive Committee will make the selection.
Omaha Public Schools Foundation