The purpose of this memorial is to provide a scholarship for an OPS graduating senior from Central High School who has participated in the Central Legion Baseball Program. This scholarship is in memory of Mick Messbarger who was a dedicated coach for the Memorial Park Baseball Little League and someone who loved baseball stats, trivia and most of all the game of baseball. (Particularly the Texas Rangers!)
- Student must have participated a minimum of three years in the Central Baseball Program.
- Demonstrate Character/Citizenship
- Minimum GPA 3.0/Self-motivated
- Submit Financial Aid Form
- Submit student’s transcript
- Submit a short essay (500 words) “How I plan to use my education to benefit society.”
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the baseball coach, teacher and/or administrator.
Students will be nominated by the Central High Scholarship Committee. Preference will be given to players who participated in the Memorial Park Little League Baseball Program. The recipient will be chosen by sponsors of the scholarship. *Please note that the donors would like to see financial information as well as a letter of recommendation from the coach, counselor or a teacher.
Should you be selected for this award, please send verification of your enrollment at the college or university of your choice and a “Thank You” note directed to the donor to Omaha Public Schools Foundation. The award will be forwarded to the college of choice upon receipt.