This scholarship will benefit a graduating OPS senior who spent their K-12 education attending Spring Lake Magnet, Marrs Magnet and Omaha South High School.
To provide a scholarship for a graduating Senior who has attended Spring Lake, Marrs, and South and is bi-literate in both English and Spanish
- Must have an unweighted GPA of 2.5-3.25- through Senior Year (first semester)
- Must have spent fours years at South High School and a minimum of 6 years between Spring Lake Magnet and Marrs Magnet
- Must provide two letters of recommendation-one from a staff member of a Pathway School (Spring Lake, Marrs or South) & 1 letter from a non-relative who can speak to the student’s character and community involvement.
- Must provide a current official transcript.
- Student must be bi-literate in English/Spanish.
- Must provide a 500 word essay in English-“How will you use your passion to serve others?”
- Must provide a 500 word essay in Spanish-“How will your bi-literate skills benefit your passion to make the world a better place?”
A $1000 scholarship will be provided to a student chosen by the Soaring Eagles Committee.
An award letter will be presented to the recipient at the Omaha South High School Scholarship Awards Night by scholarship committee member(s). Verification of enrollment directly from the College/University should be sent to:
The Omaha Public Schools Foundation Scholarship Office
3861 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68131
If you would like to make a donation to this scholarship fund, please use the secure payment form below. We also accept checks made out to the Omaha Public Schools Foundation and mailed to the following address:
Omaha Public Schools Foundation
3861 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68131
Attention: Soaring Eagles Pathway Scholarship