This scholarship is in memory of Brian J. Slobotski, a 2010 Omaha North High graduate, who despite his limited mobility due to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy was able to inspire individuals to overcome their own challenges and make a positive impact on the world.
Omaha North High will submit 5 eligible candidates by March 1st of the current school year to the Omaha Schools Foundation.
A graduating senior at Omaha North High who has thrived in the face of adversity. Special consideration will be given to active football players and/or student managers.
- Describe (attach an essay) how you have overcome adversity in your life.
- Describe (attach an essay) what your future career goals are.
- Student must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher upon graduation.
- Student must be pursuing further education at an accredited educational institution, college or university.
- Student must demonstrate excellent character, reputation and show participation in community service activities, school clubs or organizations and provide 2 non-family letters of recommendation from counselors or teachers.
- Attach a current resume.
$1,000 each semester for one year will be payable to the accredited educational institution, college or university upon the Omaha Schools Foundation’s receipt of verification of enrollment from the institution chosen by the recipient. Please provide certified transcripts to the Omaha Schools Foundation in semester 2 for payment of the second $1,000.00. A minimum GPA of 2.5 must be maintained.
*The BJS Scholarship may be re-applied for each year students remain in school and meet the above grade and non-academic goals, items 3 and 4.
The Omaha Schools Foundation & Brian J. Slobotski Scholarship Committee
Please send applications to:
Omaha Schools Foundation
3861 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68131