Teri Kinkead Memorial Scholarship
Teri Kinkead was a devoted mother and had a successful career as an accountant. Born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, she attended Adams Elementary School, Lewis and Clark/Monroe Junior High Schools and Central High School. Growing up, Teri always loved to sing, and her fondest high school memory was participating in the Acapella Choir. Teri’s three children are all graduates of Omaha Public Schools having attended Washington Elementary School, Lewis and Clark Middle School and Central High School. They each participated in various music programs throughout their educational journeys. To honor her memory, this scholarship has been established for any OPS student who participated in music programs during their high school education.
Graduating seniors from an Omaha Public High School who participated in one or more high school music programs.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school administrator.
- Student must submit a current transcript.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5+.
- Be a current graduating senior and planning to attend a college, university, vocational / technical, nursing, business or other school of higher learning in the summer or fall term following graduation.
- Student must submit a one to two page essay on how their educational experience made a significant difference in their life and what their future education plans entail.
- Student must include a resume listing activities, volunteer and job experiences.
- Must have participated in a music program during high school.
The Kinkead Family’s Scholarship Committee will make the selection annually.
Should you be selected for this award, please send verification of your enrollment at the college or university of your choice and a “Thank You” note directed to the donor to Omaha Public Schools Foundation. The award will be forwarded to you then.
The Omaha Public Schools Foundation Toba Cohen Dunning
3861 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68131