Tammy Rush was the beloved ESL teacher at both Beveridge Magnet and Burke High School who passed away unexpectedly in November, 2016. Ms. Rush’s family wants to honor her legacy by supporting an educational scholarship in her name. Tammy had a passion for teaching and loved her students dearly. From the time she was a young child to the time she passed, she was always concerned for others in need. This scholarship honors Tammy’s legacy.
Scholarship amount: Two $500.00 Scholarships
The scholarships will be awarded in April, one to a Burke graduate, and one to either a Northwest or South graduate. To be eligible for the Tammy Rush scholarship, the applicant must not be receiving major financial assistance from other outside sources, such as Goodrich Scholarship or Susan Thompson Buffett award.
- Be a current or former student in the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
- Plan on attending a 2 or 4 year college or postsecondary training program in 2017-18
- Provide an unofficial transcript documenting a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Recommendation – Have two people support your application (School Administrator, Teacher, Counselor, or Bilingual Liaison) by signing below.
- Complete the application form. Applications must be written neatly or typed.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Postmarked by March 31st. Send to the ESL Office, TAC – 3215 Cuming St. Omaha, NE 68131
Staple the two pages (The cover page (Download Here) and the 1-page application) together before mailing.
You can donate to the scholarship through our secure payment gateway.