Grant Applications for the 2019-2020 School Year Are Now Closed
Each year Omaha Public Schools Foundation funds grants to enhance both the classroom and real-world experiences of the Omaha Public School Students. Principals and Teachers are asked to submit proposals. We received a record number of grant applications this year. The review process will begin shortly and Grant Recipients will be informed by letter in mid January.
Streamlined Online Grant Application
Grant Applications will reopen in September of 2020. Teachers will be able to submit the application and Principal's Signature Form through our Grant Portal. Each teacher creates an account online to which they can return to finish the application process or submit an additional grant. If you submitted an application last year, you can login with your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, click the "Forgot Password" link.
Download the Rubric by which the grants will be evaluated.
Grant awards will be announced in mid January, 2020.
Grant Guidelines for 2019-2020
Grants will be considered for:
- Projects that will enhance the educational experience for students inside and outside of the classroom.
- Requests must align with the OPS Strategic Plan, District Priorities and your School Improvement Plan/Goals.
- Special consideration will be given to grants supporting Early Literacy (K-3), Math, Science and Social Studies.
- All software requests must first be vetted by the OPS Department of IMS. Executive Director: Bryan Dunne; Office (531) 299-9626;
- If you are considering book titles in your grant, they must be vetted through the OPS Department of CIS - BEFORE you submit the application to the Foundation. Contact: Laura Pietsch; Office (531) 299-9615;
- A report evaluating the project with its results will be due to the OPSF office prior to the end of the school year.
Grants will NOT be considered for:
- Teacher stipends
- Computer hardware, tablets, smart phones, video cameras
- Large equipment items
- Software Licenses
- Flexible/alternative classroom seating
All grant applications MUST be signed by the building principal or head of your department. You will have access to the form within the Grant Portal or
Classroom Teacher Grant Recipients
The 2018-2019 Teacher Classroom Grants were awarded in January this year. For the first time, teachers used our new online Grant Software, GoGiftsOnline. We received more requests than ever. Although the Foundation was not able to award all the grant requests, we did give out $45,283.95 in teacher classroom projects funding. Thank you to all the participants and the hard work they do day in and day out.
Download a copy of this year's grant recipients.
If your grant was not funded, you can apply to our Crowdfunding Program using the online form.
Classroom Teacher Grant Recipients 2017-2018
In the 2017-2018 school year, the Omaha Public Schools Foundation gave out over $40,000.00 in Classroom Grants. In many cases, OPSF was able to make site visits to personally hand out the awards. When possible, the events were recorded and are made available to the public through our YouTube channel.
To see a full list of the 2017-2018 Classroom Teacher Grant Recipients, click here.